The Golden West Chapter Walk to Defeat ALS
We’re giving you the opportunity to shine as you raise money, rally your circle of support, and compete for some fantastic prizes during the COUNTDOWN CHALLENGE for the 2021 Golden West Chapter Walk to Defeat ALS!
What: The Countdown Challenge
When: September 20 - October 23, WALK DAY
Who: Registered participants for The 2021 Golden West Chapter Walk to Defeat ALS.
Familiarize yourself with the helpful tools located within your Walk to Defeat ALS Participant Center that make it easy to raise ALS awareness and rally support from your communities. Check out our Virtual Walker Handbook, our how-to videos on Youtube and please contact us if you have any questions or would like additional assistance. We are here to help!
- Week 1 Challenge (9/20-9/26): The Walk to Defeat ALS participant* in each region who recruits the most walkers to the Golden West Chapter Walk to Defeat ALS by 11:59 PM on Sunday, September 26 will win a regional prize! Check out this helpful template to recruit walkers!
- Week 2 Challenge (9/27-10/3): The Walk to Defeat ALS participant* in each region who reports the most activities logged via Challenge Hound by 11:59 PM on Sunday, October 3 will win a regional prize! Get Started on Challenge Hound Today!
- Week 3 Challenge (10/4-10/10): Share your "Why We Walk" story via social media, survey, or email by 11:59 PM on Sunday, October 10 and help raise ALS awareness! One Walk to Defeat ALS participant* in each region that participates in this challenge will be chosen at random as the winner and will be awarded a regional prize!
- Week 4 Challenge (10/11-10/17): Fundraise as much as you can by 11:59 PM on Sunday, October 17! The Walk to Defeat ALS participant* in each region who raises the most funds between Monday, October 11 through Sunday, October 17 will be the winner and will be awarded a regional prize! Both online and offline donations, like checks or cash, are eligible for purposes of this contest. Offline donations must be received by your local Walk staff or by our Chapter office by Friday, October 15 to be eligible.
* IMPORTANT: You must be registered for the Walk to Defeat ALS to be eligible to win.
**Those who complete the most contests during the Countdown Challenge will be entered into a drawing to win a GRAND PRIZE, which will be awarded to a lucky winner in each of our four regions. GRAND PRIZE WINNERS will be drawn and announced on October 21st! Arrangements for prize delivery will be made directly with the winning participants.